Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers Representing Victims in Phoenix
One of the most serious injuries a person can sustain is a spinal cord injury. The spinal cord is an extremely delicate system in our body that controls nearly every motor function we use in our daily lives, from walking to shaking hands. Nearly any kind of trauma to the spinal cord can cause partial or full paralysis and/or chronic pain.
If you or a loved one has been even partially paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury, you should seek help from a catastrophic injury attorney right away. We often find that spinal cord injury victims are not at fault for their injury, but rather it was caused by an auto accident, a sporting accident, or some form of negligence. If you are not at fault for your accident, you have a right to seek compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
At Moore Injury Law, our spinal cord injury lawyers can help you through the process of filing a personal injury lawsuit against any at-fault person or group. Our trial lawyers have years of experience representing clients who have suffered spine injuries as the result of another person’s accident, misconduct, or negligence. We understand that a serious spinal cord injury comes with it not only physical pain but also deep emotional pain. As your legal representation, our law firm will endeavor to obtain fair compensation for any and all spinal cord injuries from the negligent party and their insurance company.
If you would like to speak to a spinal cord injury lawyer at Moore Injury Law, we offer a free case evaluation to all new clients. Simply call our office, conveniently located in Phoenix, AZ.
What Symptoms Are Associated with a Spinal Cord Injury?
Like any other injury, a spinal cord injury can range in severity and can be associated with injuries to different areas of your body.
You may have a spinal cord injury if any of these other injuries are present:
- Difficulty breathing, coughing.
- Exaggerated reflexes.
- Extreme levels of pain and discomfort in the neck, back, or head.
- Loss of movement.
- Loss of bowel and bladder control.
- Neck injuries including “whiplash” or neck fractures causing chronic pain and/or pinched nerves.
- Numbness throughout your extremities.
- Paralysis in any part of the body (paraplegia, tetraplegia, quadriplegia, and paresthesia).
- Serious back injuries, including broken vertebrae, herniated discs, and pinched nerves causing spinal cord injury or chronic, debilitating pain.
- Spasms and seizures.
- Tingling sensations in fingers and toes.
- Twisted back or neck.
- Unexplained levels of weakness throughout the body.
What is the Significant Cost of Care for Spinal Cord Injuries?
With a catastrophic injury such as spinal cord damage, a victim will encounter a host of challenges for the rest of his or her life. These challenges include loss of feeling, chronic pain, paralysis, and even death.
The medical care needed with a spinal cord injury can create an enormous financial burden. The financial damages may include the cost of some or all of the following:
- Initial hospitalization.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Temporary or permanent caregiver costs.
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs.
- Adapting your home environment to a physical impairment.
- Lost wages now and in the future, often due to the inability to ever return to work.
Without an experienced spinal injury lawyer to represent you, you may not realize the full cost of damages that have been created by the accident. This is especially true when there will be high future costs. This type of injury can mean financial devastation. You deserve every penny of available compensation to ease this hardship. Moore Injury Law can help.
What Are Common Causes for Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries can happen in any number of ways. Knowing how they occur may grant us some wisdom but likely does little to bring us comfort. Like most catastrophic personal injuries, spinal cord injuries are often the result of sudden, unexpected accidents. We can try to protect ourselves. But sometimes, terrible things can and do happen.
Common causes for spinal cord injuries include:
- Car accidents: whether because of a distracted driver, a drunk driver, illegal vehicle modifications causing a malfunction, disobeying traffic signals at an intersection, or any number of other causes, a car accident remains one of the most likely scenarios to suffer spinal cord injuries.
- Defective products: devices, medications, and products made by a negligent or careless product manufacturer can result in serious harm to consumers.
- Medical malpractice: we put our trust in the hands of doctors because we believe that a medical professional knows best. However, medical malpractice has caused serious personal injury in the past, including examples of patients suffering permanent paralysis.
- Pedestrian accidents: though the pedestrian is often given right-of-way, many pedestrians are injured in motor vehicle accidents every year, sometimes resulting in massive spinal cord damage.
- Truck accidents: it’s understandable that truck drivers have to undergo extra training, as a semi-truck is so much larger, heavier, and more dangerous than the other cars on the road. Like car accidents, any random truck accident can leave victims in life-altering suffering.
- Workplace accidents: approximately 12% of workplace accidents involve spinal cord injuries to workers.
A serious spinal cord injury is a terrifying thing for anyone to have to endure. Many spinal cord injuries result in partial paralysis, either temporarily or permanently. The medical bills for surgery to repair the spinal column or helping victims through their recovery can be costly, made all the more so by the victim’s loss of earning capacity due to their new disability.
Why Choose a Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer from Moore Injury Law?
Attorney Lew Moore has over 30 years of experience in personal injury law. He is tenacious in dealing with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. If the insurance company doesn’t offer you a fair settlement, Lew Moore will take your case to a jury trial. Lew Moore and his team will give you their personal attention every step of the way.
Serious injuries deserve the absolute best representation, and Moore Injury Law can give you just that; the very best. Moore Injury Law has an incredible staff and team of experts available to develop your case to the fullest. Don’t trust just anyone with your spinal injury case. Call Moore Injury Law.
How Much Does a Spinal Injury Attorney Cost?
Moore Injury Law works on a contingency fee basis. That means that we only get paid if and when you do. There is no up-front fee. We are paid a percentage of what we recover for you.
As your attorney, we will attempt to show that the negligent party is directly responsible for the injuries you have suffered. We will attempt to prove that negligence as we enter into settlement negotiations. While no financial compensation can ever hope to fully erase the accident, we do hope that it will help aid you in your recovery.
Our office staff is always happy to help answer your questions. We also provide a free consultation.
Contact Our Law Firm for a Free Consultation
If you have suffered a spinal cord injury as the result of a car accident, workplace incident, medical malpractice, sports activity, or any number of other accidents, it is important for you to know that you have legal options in your pursuit of accountability and compensation.
The law firm of Moore Injury Law is proud to represent victims and help them through the legal matter portion of their long recovery.
To schedule a free consultation with one of our spinal cord injury attorneys, please call us at 602-795-6605.